Campos Coffee – Cafe Design
Wentworth Park, Glebe, occupying two of the archways of the Wentworth Park light rail bridge.
Description of pre-design condition of interior/building:
The space is currently unoccupied and does not encourage any kind of commercial activity. The park is a short distance from the Sydney Fish Markets, sitting just across the road from Blackwattle Bay, and the site is part of the Bays Precinct Transformation Plan.
- Design a space in keeping with the Campos values – “Quality coffee cultivated by good. We believe coffee only tastes good when it’s made ethically, sustainably and with care.”
- Specify materials which are sustainable and sourced ethically.
- Let the space be the benchmark in terms of quality for future fit outs.
- Incorporate a unique design element which will set this space apart from others.
- Create a more consistent template for future branding applications in keeping with the original “Campos colours” and tulip logo.
Materiality + Scheduling:
- Sustainability and conscience were the driving forces behind the end design, as per the client’s request.
- The aim of this project was to have a passerby walk into the space and know, without seeing any branding, that this is a Campos cafe.
- All furniture is recycled, made from used shipping pallets and hessian/burlap fabric.
- Materiality includes concrete, steel, glass and ceramic floor tiles to compliment the “Campos green” used throughout the space on the furniture.
- Blackwattle Trees have been incorporated as the unique design element, in honour of Blackwattle Bay, bringing the outdoors inside.
- A new style guide has been created, displaying a strategy for future consistent branding applications.
Software used: 3Ds Max, Revit, Photoshop.