Converse – Corporate Office Design
Level 23/24, 1 Bligh Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
Description of pre-design condition of interior/building:
1 Bligh Street, Sydney, is owned by Dexus Property Group, one of Australia’s leading real estate assemblies with nearly 30 years of experience in property investment. The building has been awarded a 6 Star Green Star rating, the highest in NSW, thanks to features such as solar panels, a central atrium, innovative tri-generation system (for heating, cooling and electricity), and recycled rainwater.
Client brief/client requirements:
- Design the Converse Australia head office in a similar style as existing Converse offices, such as Boston and Berlin.
- Incorporate facilities which will improve quality of work life for employees and provide an extra incentive for them to work for Converse Australia.
- Inspiration for this office fit out comes directly from the identity of the brand.
- Converse constantly encourage their consumers to be themselves and show off their personality.
- The fit out is dynamic, in keeping with current workplace trends and demands.
- The space showcases a gym, games room, hot desking facilities, and breakout areas across both levels (23 & 24).
- In order to give the office consistency, the entire space features the same floor finish: Midnight Black Oak Timber Flooring.
- From there, each section was designed with an individual theme and diverse materiality such as custom wallpaper, a unique light fitting, or a wall painted in an accent colour.